Eco-Friendly Gift Wrap – 5 Designs I Love
Now that everyone has jumped on the green train, it’s only natural to find more and more gift wrap that’s recycled. It’s not the cheapest, but it is one more way to save the planet. Here are a couple of my favorite designs and an added non-paper bonus for those who like to wrap in fabric.
1. The Barn Yard Hemp Wrap over at Paporganics is adorable! I love the little chicken and the cow. Perfect for a kid’s gift or a gift for a kid-at-heart. How earth friendly is this paper, you ask. Here are the specs from the website:
10% hemp/flax blend, 90% recycled post-consumer fiber
2. The Bubbly Recycled Gift Wrap is a FishLips design and is offered at the Green Field Paper Company is evervescent, to say the least. Makes me thirsty just looking at it. And they’re kicking some major booty when it comes to being earth friendly. The paper is 100% post-consumer recycled paper and the inks are soy-based.
4. Paper Source always has a great selection and if you hop over to their PS green choices, you’ll find a decent number of recycled gift wraps. I like the Robots, the Mexican Tile, but my favorite is the Goldfish. Click here to check it out.
5. Maybe I have a thing for fish. Natural Elements Paper offers a Koi Fish Gift Wrap that is just plain cool. This company is crazy eco-friendly. I can’t even list all the ways their paper is green to the nth degree. Go read it for yourself here.
6. Lagniappe offers fabric gift bags in every shape and size imaginable. And at prices that won’t break the bank, you don’t have an excuse not to order a couple bags.